Newsletter & Articles
ADR Update is an electronic newsletter published four times a year by the Newsletter Committee appointed by the Board of Directors. With input from and distribution to the ADR Institutes of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the Atlantic Provinces, it provides articles, insights and information of interest to ADR professionals.
To view the latest issues, click on the following links:
- Winter 2017
- Fall 2016
- Spring 2016
- Winter 2016
- Fall 2015
- Summer 2015
- Spring 2015
- Winter 2014/2015
- Fall 2014
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- Winter 2013
- Fall 2013
- Spring 2013
- Winter 2012
- Fall 2012
- Summer 2012
- Spring 2012
- Fall/Winter 2011
- Summer 2011
- Winter 2010
- Spring 2010
- Winter 2009
- Fall 2009
- Spring 2009
- September 2008
- Summer 2007
- March 2007
- January 2007
- October 2006
- May 2006
- January 2006
Articles of Interest
Many of our members are acknowledged experts in the field of ADR. We are pleased to include in our newsletter (maximum 1000 words), articles written by our members that may be of interest to other ADR professionals, provided we have the permission of the copyright holder.
If you have written such an article please forward it to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by the Committee.
Style of articles: Our readers are mediators and arbitrators who would like entertaining, interesting and informative articles from another practitioner’s perspective. Members and non-members are welcome to submit articles. Please review our Author Guidelines. If your article is accepted, the Newsletter Committee may choose to include it in the upcoming or a future issue. Authors will be advised.
For formatting purposes, articles must be:
· submitted as a Word document, not pdf, (double-spacing not required)
· use only a standard font such as Times New Roman or Arial
· No longer than 1,000 words
· Each submission MUST include (in the same document) the author’s brief byline – your name and designations plus maximum 30 words describing your organisation and function, etc. If we do not receive, we will post only your name and the information we have received with your submission
· a high-resolution photo, headshot (ideally minimum 300 dpi) in jpg format sent as an attachment (not embedded in your email message or document, thank you) to accompany your article
· if using images, graphs or charts, please ensure they are submitted as high-resolution images.
Advertising in ADR Update
ADR Update offers Space and Classified advertising. For rates click here.
From time to time, developments occur that we wish to bring to the immediate attention of our members. Flash bulletins are sent by e-mail to our members as the need arises.
Members wishing to convey information of an important and urgent nature should contact the Executive Director. Examples are:
- Barbara Landau's submission re: Bill 14
- Mandatory Mediation Update by Roger Alton - December 2006
- Rule 48 by Gary T. Furlong - November 2006
- Paralegal Regulation – October 10